Experts & writers offer advice for tackling this post-wedding task…
In the afterglow of a wedding, sitting down to write personalized thank-you notes can be a daunting task for most couples. But don’t fret…we have some advice for making the process a little easier.
- Adjust your attitude….don’t think of it as the dreadful task of thank-you notes, you are showing thanks to those who love you and are helping you in your next chapter in life.
- Decide who gets a note…anyone who gets you a gift should receive a thank-you note, whether they attend the wedding or not. But some deserve a special thank you. This could be your wedding party, your new in-laws, and even the vendors that helped you with your special day.
- Keep track of time…The sooner the better! Do 10-20 at a time, and make sure you are doing them together so you are both involved in the process.
- It’s fine to use a template…The key is to tailor your message to the gift that you received. You’ll want to create 3 templates. Physical gifts, cash or gift cards, and one for honeymoon fund donations.
- There are ways to go faster… 1. Buy a glue tape roller to help seal the envelopes. 2. There are no rules that say you have to wait until after the wedding to send thank you notes. If you get gifts prior to the wedding, by all means send that person their thank-you note. 3. You may also consider ordering customized cards online.
‘You get to relive your special day over again, and think of all the wonderful people in your lives.’